PB CAREERS: Kohl’s Brand Manager – Men’s
Kohl’s Brand Manager – Men’s
This position is responsible for the cross-functional leadership of the brand and manages the working relationship between all parties to develop product and determine private brand assortment.
Develop & Drive Brand Strategies
- Shape brand profile and consistency among brand categories
- Lead and drive short and long term brand strategies with cross functional partners
- Influence, interpret and apply customer & store feedback & market research process into brand strategy
- Identify and define brand concept ideas and opportunities
Business & Competitive Analysis
- Define competitive set for brand
- Be authority on competitor activities – Direct and evaluate competitive analysis
- Analyze business and drive in season action recommendations to Buying Office
Line Building and Managing
- Lead the development and management of line plan balanced to the fashion pyramid
- Set agenda, lead and present at milestone mtgs
- Lead assortment building and decision making process for brand
- Collaborate with Merchants on setting IMU targets and communicate with production
- Develop and manage contingency plans
- Partner with Design to ensure style development is in line with brand
Cross functional Leadership
- Primary liaison with the buying office for PD partners for brand
- Align stakeholders on design aesthetic, brand profile and business strategy
- Support & influence production and sourcing recommendations for vendor selection
- Collaborate with marketing, MP and merchants on brand positioning, packaging and presentation
- Manages Associates, systems, and projects to achieve business goals within existing policies and procedures
- Prepares and analyzes business plans and reports for upper management
- Exhibits influence and expertise to remove obstacles and achieve results through others
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common purpose, setting clear objectives, promoting teamwork, recognizing success, and encouraging open communication
- Develops Associates through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing development plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Product Development, Business or related area
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in product development and / or merchandising.
- 5+ years of retail or product development experience
- Extensive line building and merchandising experience.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and email systems.
- Management experience
- Private Brand experience
- Overseas business travel, sourcing and purchasing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically/ internationally
Job Field: Product Development & Design
Location: WI-Menomonee Falls
Department: Product Development
Overtime Status: Exempt
The following two tabs change content below.
Christopher Durham is the president and founding partner of the retail and Private Brand consultancy Folio28. He is a consultant, strategist and retailer with close to 20 years of real-world retail and corporate experience, creating, launching and building billion dollar Private Brands.